It’s my favorite day of the week!!
Did you know that today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day? A special day to say Thank You to all of the spouses in our military community! To recognizing the work they do to support our military members, and the sacrifices that they make as well!
Today for my #fridayintroductions and Friday Fives, I wanted to share 5 things that I love about being a military spouse with you!
And don’t forget to thank a Military Spouse today! Believe me, they deserve it too!
- I love being a part of this community! Not only the military community, but the military spouse community as well! I have been blessed to know some of the strongest and most successful spouses, who continue to hold down the home while their military member deploys, and still kick butts in their own career! It’s very hard to have to uproot your life and your job every couple of years (believe me, I know!), But we do it, because we have to!
- I love that I get to be a part of my husband’s success. While I did not create his success, he lets me know time and time again, that he would not be where he was and get to do what he does if he didn’t have our support at home!
- I love the PRIDE that comes with being a military spouse! While sometimes, it can be hard for spouses because we are reminded often that military comes before home, I always say with so much pride how honored I am to be married to my husband. It’s something special knowing that you are married to someone who is serving our country and protecting our freedoms that we sometimes take for granted!
- I love the opportunities that are available to military spouses! From special grants to go to school, networking, community, and so much more is available to us! And for that, I’m thankful!
- I love the adventure! I mean, look where I’m at, in paradise! My life with my husband has taken me across the country, and now across the Pacific Ocean! Of course, moving can be a bit stressful, but I’ve been so lucky to go and see places that some people only dream of!!
***I have to add one more!! I mean, I get to be married to a man in uniform!!! Who wouldn’t love that!!