It’s the first
And I thought it would be perfect to have the first Friday Fives to be a little introduction about me!
I am so happy to see that there are so many new readers to my blog, and I want to start the new year making sure you know who Vanessa is behind the camera! Now, definitely head over to my About Me page to see a bit more personal facts, but today, I thought that you guys would enjoy
5 More Random Facts About Me!
- We are a big Harry Potter household! This has been going on for a little over a year when my oldest daughter came home with the first Harry Potter Book! Inside, I was praying that she would love it! Well, she read it in two days, said how awesome it was, and we never looked back!!! For the record, Jasmine and myself are Team Gryffindor, my youngest Taty is Team Hufflepuff, and my husband is the only good Slytherin out there!
- I live with Anxiety. I truly believe that mental illness should not be such a taboo subject, and I hope to use any platform I am in to raise awareness to it. I want to make sure that anxiety is something that I “have”, it’s not something that is ME!
- In the Navy, my job was a Quartermaster. For you non Navy folks, that means that I was in charge of navigating and driving the ship! I plotted chats, steered the ship , and always knew before most of the crew where our next port visit was! Not many people can say their job was guiding an aircraft carrier, filled with 5,000 people, aircraft, nuclear reactors, and so much more, through the waters!
- I’ve ran 20 half marathons! I unintentionally took a break from running this past year with the move and restarting my business here in Hawaii, but I am starting my run training again next week and hope to do at least 7-10 half marathons in 2018! You can follow my workout and running adventures at @glittergirlruns on Instagram!
- I am a magazine collector. Notice I didn’t say ‘reader’. Nope, I get all of these magazines in the mail, or at the store, especially cooking ones, and then….I DON’T READ THEM! I know, I know. I am making more time to read this year, because seriously, I am not that busy to go and grab a stack of magazines, sit on the couch, or the BEACH, and read through them! Please tell me I am not the only one!
Well, that’s it! 5 random things about this wedding photographer! Check out my About Me page and more random facts about me to get to know a bit more! Want to discuss booking me as your photographer, or do Harry Potter trivia?!? Shoot me a message!