Here we are on another beautiful #weddingwednesday, and I am so excited to share with you today’s #weddingwednesday tip!!
Last week, I met up with Chavah, Owner and #bosslady of Vida Chic Events! We have worked together on countless sessions, like these:
She is an AMAZING Wedding Planner and Coordinator, and believe me, you want to hire her for your wedding!
Anyways, we started discussing some issues we were having with our recent inquiries!
We both had been getting inquires that were very vague or with just no information, like this:
As you can see, this particular inquiry gives me nothing really. No date, what type of session, etc. So, I will have to write an email back asking those things before I can even give this person a quote.
And it happens ALL OF THE TIME!
So, we wanted to list a few essentials that we think you should include when you inquire with me:
- Your date: As you can imagine, this is the number one thing that I need from potential clients when they inquire! No point of both of us getting excited and wanting to book if I do not know what date it is, and if my services are available to you! One piece of advice: Don’t book any vendors until you’ve secured a venue and therefore, a date. If your date switches, your photographer and other vendors may already be booked.
- Your Venue: Please be specific on this one! Understand that, especially for here in Hawaii, saying “Hawaii” isn’t Specific enough, and even saying “Four Seasons Hawaii” is not specific. Why? Because there are 8 Hawaiian Islands, and there are 4 Four Seasons, each on a different island! Same thing goes for any type of session- knowing which island and where you are at is key!
- Contact information: Please make sure you leave both an email and phone number! Don’t worry, I’m not calling unless I have to!! But sometimes, keyboard mistakes are made, and I will try and email a person back, and it gets bounced back to me, and I have no way of contacting them to let them know!
Other Information to Share if you Have:
- Budget: I think this is a big one! Hopefully, you have looked on my website, you have seen what my starting prices are, so you know, right off the back, if I am in your price range! Again, don’t want to waste your time! But, also know, I can customize your package as well!
- Hours of Coverage: I know you may not have this right off the top of your head, but you may know if you want a full day wedding package, an elopement package, or somewhere in between!
- A note about you: Tell me about you! Or something you want from me! Just jumpstart us getting to know each other, because if you chose me, we will know each other very well!
Here is a great example of an email with the right amount of information! I was able to message her right back with availability, quotes and got the process rolling!
Let’s be real guys, when I get an email like the very first one I showed you, it doesn’t make it to my priority list. Because I know I can’t help this person yet because I have no information. When the second email came through, I believe she had a quote and response from me within the half an hour. Do you see what we are getting at?
You will see in the video, one of the biggest things we say, is that do not think you are giving us too much information!! I’d rather have too much information than not enough!!!
Talking about all things wedding with Vanessa Hicks Photography – Hawaii Wedding Photographer
Posted by Chavah Grant on Friday, January 12, 2018
Hope this helps!! Check out more of our tips for brides below: